The Glendale Historical Society 2015 Home Tour is this Sunday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This year’s tour features six distinctive mid-century modern gems, including:
- Webber House, a prize-winning 1950 “Sun Villa” model home designed by renowned architect A. Quincy Jones.
- Ruzicka House, a 1961 post-and-beam designed by Karl Schwerdtfeger of Welton Becket and Associates.
- Barker House, a sprawling 1958 hillside home by contractor and architect Edward Kirtlan.
- Peterka House, a striking two-story home built in 1963 and designed by architect David Alexman.
- Markwith House, designed by architect Denver Markwith as his private residence.
- Conway House, a 1959 showpiece designed by architect William Duquette that was recently featured in Los Angeles Magazine.
Ticket purchases made today, September 21, are $25 for TGHS members and $35 for non-members. Purchases from September 22 to 27 are $30 for TGHS members and $40 for non-members. Tickets can be purchased online or in person. For more information on purchasing tickets or on event details, please visit GlendaleHistorical.org.