The month of June is flying by. Before you know it, it’ll be July and time to celebrate everyone’s favorite summer holiday. No, not that one. John Lautner Day! The city of Los Angeles has officially declared July 16, 2011, John Lautner Day.
The date, which would have been the extraordinary architect’s 100th birthday, will kick off the John Lautner Turns 100 Series hosted by the John Lautner Foundation. The series will feature exhibitions, film screenings, home tours, symposia, and receptions. Some of the upcoming activities include:
- July 16 – John Lautner Day
- July 16-22 – John Lautner Exhibit at LACMA, commemorating Lautner’s Goldstein Office with panel discussions and more
- July 23 – MAK Center’s John Lautner 100th Birthday Tour, featuring the Harpel House (shown above, 1956), Jacobsen House (1947), Schwimmer House (1982), and the Sheats/Goldstein House (1963). Tickets available here.
- July 25 – Lautner Gala + Silent Auction at Harpel House
- July 30 – John Lautner Turns 100 Film Screening at American Cinematheque, Hollywood
For more information and events, and to purchase tickets, go here.