Logo

Do or Don’t: Mega Mansions

Tom-Brady-Gisele-Bundchen-brentwood-mansion

In case you didn’t already hate them (or want to be them) enough, Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen are currently building a nearly 22,000 square foot home in Brentwood, supposedly worth around $20 million.

Tom-Brady-Gisele-Bundchen-brentwood-mansion-1

The eight-bedroom home will have a six-car garage, a lagoon-shaped pool and spa, a covered bridge connecting two sections of the home, an elevator, a wine cellar, and weight room.

Tom and Gisele purchased the 3.75 acres for $11 million, and the new pad is located just down the street from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. The sprawling mansion is being built by Boston-based Suffolk Construction, whose CEO John Fish is a good friend of Brady’s.

So, if you had all the money in the world, would you build a 22,000 square foot, $20 million home?

Source

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Share With Your Friends:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Tumblr
  • Technorati
  • Google Bookmarks

Comments RSS You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 Responses to “Do or Don’t: Mega Mansions”

1. Jeff says:

Utterly tasteless.

2. Why not??? If you have the money and is something you want, then just do it! :)

3. Mary Gasoline says:

Well, I think they’re WONDERFUL !!! and they deserve that !!! Luxury and beauty. That’s it.

4. Jeremy Plamondon says:

Tom Brady play’s ball like a girl! And we all call him Marsha Brady! The only thing Tom Brady is the M.V.P The Most Vulnerable Punk

5. That’s a fantastic house. Abundant thinking attracts abundance

6. Great info….

[...] This chronicle without a doubt tells it like it is. It is like a reflection of my own position and I very willing to create a link back to it on my blog. Thanks. [...]…

7. reality says:

Tasteless. Wasteful and Stupid. What the hell do two people need a home that big for? And in a state that catches itself on fire every other year no less. You think they could do something more constructive with their money by bettering the lesser areas, or helping schools. But no. They’re going to spend it on building themselves a home that they’ll barely live in, and fill it with things like a “Soup Tureene” and then want to sell it later for equal profit only to loose out because no one has that kind of money anymore. They may as well take all their money and light it on fire.

Even if I had that kind of cash I still wouldn’t throw it away on things that I’m only going to use 3 rooms in. People need to come to grips with what is Needed to live, and what is Needed to impress others.

3.75 acres for $11 million <– This is disgusting. I hope that they're sitting on a diamond mine for the price they paid for it.

• WhoCares says:

Umm they both pay their taxes and they both do charity work so I dont really know what more you want from them. Travel around the world searching for anyone who has less money than them and start giving handouts? After taxes & charity whatever else they wanna do with their money is their business. Who the hell are you to judge them?

• Rochelle says:

I agree 110% A waste of land, money, everything. That’s not a “home” it’s a showplace. Ultimately though it is THEIR money and what they choose to do with it is their business. Even if its STUPID.

• Kle123 says:

“reality”, if you had that kind of money then…wait you don’t. There is no proof you would do anything but keep it for yourself and buy things you WANT, not necessarily need.

I’ll tell you, if I were rich I would buy a mansion with all my favorite things. I would probably put in a personal bar, a giant pool, huge garage with a collection of my favorite cars etc. The point is, this is the nature of humans.

You’re utterly naive you really think you would just give away all your money if you had that much. But you know what it can start today, instead of buying the nicer brand of cereal, why don’t you buy the cheaper one so you can donate to charity that $1 savings.

Let’s face it, just because you aren’t rich doesn’t mean you can’t make a difference. You probably spoil yourself in your own way with what is appropriate with your living standard. But no one needs to live in a huge room, why don’t you settle for the smaller apartment so you can donate all that extra money to charity, God knows that all these people that can’t afford bigger place do that already.

8. Zak Klemmer says:

I’d buy David Wright’s house in Phoenix.